“Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!” (Psalm 90:17 ESV)
Psalm 90 always pops up at just the right moment in my life. Life is short. God is our eternal refuge. We must love and serve Him with our whole being. Make the most of our time on Earth. Love people. And rejoice in His loving grace gift of salvation.
- Are you striving after holiness?
- Are you passionate about seeing God glorified?
- Do you go to battle for the souls of others?
- Are you overflowing with joy and thanksgiving to God?
- How much time is spent on your knees in prayer?
- Are your eyes straining from surfing for funny YouTube videos or from pouring over God’s Word?
- Do you really want God’s favor or do you live to please people (Galatians 1:10)?
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV)
“but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.” (1 Thessalonians 2:4 ESV)
Whom do you live for?
[Follow my journey of 30 Days of Bible Lettering here.]