What are your favorite travel memories? Going to grandma’s? A month in Europe? I’m very thankful for the various adventures I’ve experienced before reaching the 30 hurdle. Squeezing a fun trip in a weekend is a challenge. But I love a good travel challenge. WanderLOVE! This travel installment highlights a fast weekend in New York City.
28. New York City in a Weekend.
I previously hinted at a detailed travel series in the future. This post is more of a teaser. Breadcrumbs along the trail to juicier travel log tidbits, I hope.
Buckle your seatbelt. Stow your tray table. Raise your seat back. Wheels up, y’all.
NYC, You’re Big!
Here are some tested tips for a quick weekend in the Big Apple:
- Wear a good pair of running shoes, especially if you plan on running from Grand Central Station to Lincoln Center. Just trust me on this one.
- Search for Food Network chef restaurants. Delightful.
- Stay in Midtown, near Central Park. Your legs and wallet will thank you later.
- Go to museums, the zoo, or a fine arts performance.
- Enjoy the special experience of hailing a cab. Anyone can Uber. Try a taxi at least once.
- Go to the top of One World Trade Center. The view is spectacular. But don’t write-off the Empire State Building or the Rockefeller. Still worth a visit.
- Broadway is a MUST. Find one show. Or three. Your wallet might lose some weight, but you won’t regret the memory and value of a quality show.
- Go to Sarabeth’s for brunch. Just do it. I’m serious.
Taking a quick bite from the Big Apple is fun, worth repeating, and easy to do. Try it sometime.
NYC, see you soon.
One thought on “New York City in a Weekend”