Prayer can never be in excess. C.H. Spurgeon
I borrowed this yesterday from a friend’s blog. It is such a powerful reminder; I thought it perfectly complemented the purpose of this post. Praying for a dear friend, Sue, is something I want to do. It is pretty much the only thing I can do at this point, in addition to donating blood. (If you want to participate, sign up for the blood drive with Red Cross this Sunday here!)
The timing of the subject of prayer fits in quite well with what Pastor Tom has been preaching through on Sundays. Here are some very encouraging verses I looked up about prayer.
- “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” (James 5:16 ESV)
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8 ESV)
- “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” (Matthew 21:22 ESV)
- “The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.” (Proverbs 15:29 ESV)
- “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray….” (James 5:13 ESV)
- “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.” (Colossians 4:2 ESV)
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7 ESV)
- “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.” (Romans 12:12-13 ESV)
- “Pray without ceasing….” (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Prayer is really an ongoing conversation with God. Don’t limit yourself to meals and bedtime. He has graciously given us an open line of communication – 24/7/365.
One thought on “don’t give up | Praying for Sue Wyatt”
Thanks for the shout out! These are wonderful verses to help us remember the open communication with enjoy with our Heavenly Father!