- I don’t always finish everything on my to-do list; He always fulfills every single promise He makes.
- I’m sometimes impatient; He’s always slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
- I struggle with internalizing pain and frustration; He is always there to hear my cry.
- I’m often faithless; He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
- I sometimes allow worldly enticements or struggles to steal my joy; He never changes, always satisfies, and is always holy.
- I occasionally let things people do or say offend me; How much have I offended others and, much more, the One who died for me?
I’m not perfect. No matter how much perfection I strive for I will always fail. I’m broken. But He is faithful. Jesus intercedes for me. His Spirit lives within me.
He will complete the work He started in me. There is hope…eternal hope. Great is His faithfulness!
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6, ESV)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:3-5, ESV)
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9, ESV)