Thus begins the longest week of my life.
Disclaimer: My previous post was in no way a complaint. I actually seem to thrive during periods of insane activity. 🙂 Also, I work really well with checklists, so the post was one way of me rehearsing what I needed to prepare for and accomplish over the next several days. I’m very thankful for the opportunities ahead of me and I definitely look forward to both couples getting married!
It is at times like these that I truly realize how grateful I am for God’s Word and the encouragement of my brothers and sisters.
Here’s what I read this morning:
- John 10 – Jesus is my good Shepherd. He laid His life down for me. I am eternally secure in Him.
- Exodus 28 – God gave Moses instruction on how to make the priestly garments. God’s standard is perfect holiness.
- 1 Timothy 5 – A description of proper, God-honoring relationships within the body of Christ; Elders are worthy of double honor.
- Hebrews 13:
- verse 1, “Let brotherly love continue.”
- verse 6, “So we can confidently say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?'”
- verse 8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
- verse 14, “For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.”
- verses 15-16, “Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.”
- verses 20-21, “Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.”
Thanking the Lord for a new day, action-packed opportunities, and the body of Christ!